A fantastic opportunity for a talented lawyer to work in the Shanghai or Beijing office of this biglaw practice within a close knit and collegiate team on anti-corruption, FCPA, investigations and compliance matters.
The mid-level associate primarily will be engaged in conducting internal investigations, compliance work, and will assist with complex commercial litigation issues and dispute resolution; there will also be a strong BD aspect to this role.
This hire will be the most senior hire in the group and you will have autonomy to work independently with clients.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Support the partner who specializes in international anti-corruption investigation and compliance matters, cross-border international DR.
- Working on internal investigation and enforcements actions including FCPA/anti-corruption related investigation, Chinese anti-corruption law matters, fraud and embezzlement, compliance risk assessment, compliance due diligence, cyber security, and other compliance areas.
- Working on cross-border dispute resolution and litigation matters.
- Mid-level to senior associate with leading international firm with genuine technical ability and experience in anti-corruption, investigations and compliance matters.
- PQE 3-5 years' experience with leading international firms.
- LLB from top China law school + LLM/JD from US law school
- The role can be based in either Beijing or the Shanghai office.
- International candidates welcome to apply - the firm will provide relocation.
- Candidates with a Chinese enforcement authority or judicial background, such as former government position or former judge or prosecutor will be considered.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply we’d like to hear from you, please send:
- your CV; and
- a short cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Europe & U.S.), email@example.com (Singapore) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Hong Kong) for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying for any of our roles or would like to have a general discussion on opportunities in the legal market please call our London office on +44 203 745 2513, Singapore office on +65 6808 6635 or Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Litigation and disputes, White-collar Crime, FCPA
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: litigation, Fraud / White Collar Crime, FCPA - Foreign Corrupt Practices Act