This India based role as Content Protection Consultant will focus on content protection objectives which include protecting intellectual property rights and supporting related security practices for those who create entertainment content for audiences around the world.
This position is primarily responsible for managing all India based content protection and enforcement issues as they arise, working in conjunction with the organisation's Asia Pacific content protection hub based in Hong Kong.
You must be highly organised and demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a global team, with the ability to deliver professional results on short deadlines amidst shifting priorities. You should also be detail oriented and able to communicate effectively orally and in writing. An advanced work ethic including the ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance are essential. You will be working closely with law enforcement, government agencies and important stakeholders in India and the APAC region.
- Assist the Vice President Content Protection APAC in executing the global content protection strategy including setting and implementing the specific strategy for India.
- Work closely and in consultation with the organisation's member content protection representatives responsible for the APAC regional strategy.
- Identify local trends that define how internet users are consuming film and television content online.
- Monitor and report on trends in internet content distribution methods and consumer electronics that may impact the delivery of film and television content.
2. Enforcement Liaison, Monitoring and Compliance
- Regular liaison with content protection enforcement agencies including the Maharashtra Cyber Digital Crime Unit (MCDCU) to stay abreast of content protection initiatives and coordinate actions.
- Be familiar with relevant law enforcement processes and procedures.
3. Intermediary Outreach
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with key Indian intermediaries including app stores, hosting service providers, payment processors, advertising entities, domain name registrars and social networks.
- Build effective relationships with India based partners from local commercial entities, industry counterparts, vendors and the relevant Indian law enforcement representatives necessary to successfully implement local and global strategies.
- Coordinating in depth OSINT investigations of priority targets and operators.
- Preparation of site/app investigation reports.
- Conducting online scrapes for intelligence gathering.
5. Research and Analysis
- Understand detailed forensic analysis of online content, including reviewing infrastructure of online platforms and sites.
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets comprised of both internally-generated information and data provided by various third-party resources.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Preferably a Master’s degree with a concentration in business and/or computer science.
- Educational background and/or prior employment experience in content protection strategy, law enforcement (high tech crime/Internet investigations), computer science, digital media, media research or equivalent.
- Law enforcement experience whilst not essential would be advantageous.
- Must possess the highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate casework and project elements to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise in generating reports, assembling presentations and managing large data sets.
- Experience generating and manipulating large datasets while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Understanding website analytics, illegal digital distribution models e.g streaming protocol technologies, social media piracy, and all forms of other popular forms of piracy.
- Strong ability to draft highly technical and/or detailed business reports, with little oversight, in a professional and organized manner for the organisation's executives and member studios.
- Advanced work ethic and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience distilling research on highly technical, complex subjects into easily digestible and actionable business reports.
- Fluency in English.
If you think you meet the requirements above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, academic transcripts and a short cover note for us to determine your suitability for this role. Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 203 7452 513.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Data Protection, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Media & Entertainment, Regulatory & Compliance
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Content Protection / Anti-Piracy, Cybersecurity, Media / Entertainment / Sport, Technology, PR / Media, IP, IP Enforcement, litigation, Public & Regulatory