Our client operates a portfolio of well-known brands offering its products in 42 languages across more than 190 countries.
This an exciting opportunity for a motivated and talented lawyer to join the Group's legal team to support operations in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. This position will provide day-to-day legal support to all of our client's brands operating in APAC with a primary focus on two brands growing rapidly in the region. Business level Japanese (near native) and business level English (both written and spoken) is required.
POSITION FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Draft, revise and negotiate various marketing and technology commercial agreements, including sponsorship, content production and promotion, advertising and media buying agreements, IT agreements, general operation agreements and others.
- Provide legal support for influencer marketing, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions including drafting accompanying rules and disclosures across various countries.
- Work closely with internal marketing and business teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide support to the Group’s local business development team, including supporting various novel expansion initiatives and partnership opportunities.
- Support roll out of product features and initiatives.
- Provide legal support to ensure compliance with consumer laws and regulations, and generally assist in ensuring local law compliance (with external counsels as may be needed).
- Assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- Assist in setting up processes and providing training to the business teams.
- Provide other legal support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A law degree from an accredited law program and established right to practice law in Japan and/or Singapore.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience, with top law firm and in-house legal department experience strongly preferred, prior tech-company experience is a bonus.
- Business level Japanese and business level English (both written and spoken).
- Ability to operate autonomously with limited supervision.
- Strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- Able to manage competing expectations, be nimble, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be effective at working in a cross-functional, multinational team, welcoming diversity and supporting inclusivity.
- Experience with marketing law, data protection, intellectual property, digital media, internet industry, and telecommunications partnerships; familiarity with the substantive laws relevant to our industry in any of the APAC markets a plus.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and accountability.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635 or Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Commercial, Telecoms, Media & Technology
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: commercial, IT / Telecoms / Outsourcing