We have an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic commercial senior legal counsel to join a talented in house legal team to support an exciting media business focusing on their online streaming apps across South East Asia.
Duties and areas of responsibility
- Providing legal support and advice to the group’s business in South East Asia and in particular with regard to the direct to consumer content businesses.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts relating principally to marketing, content partnerships, distribution, promotions and other commercial activities.
- Liaising with external counsel and regional offices on a variety of legal matters.
- Coordination and collaboration with, and where applicable supervision of, other members of the legal department to provide legal support and advice.
- LL.B. or JD or equivalent. Singapore or commonwealth qualified lawyer preferred.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of legal experience ideally in a digital media business in SE Asia, or at a minimum in a law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Working knowledge of technology services and platforms and online streaming businesses is required.
- Excellent writing, negotiating and drafting skills in English.
- Admitted to practise law in Singapore and/or other English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning corporate/commercial law and intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark, consumer, advertising and data privacy laws and regulations.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the media and entertainment industry.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Media & Technology, Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Media & Entertainment, commercial, IP