We have an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic commerical legal counsel to work on a consultant basis for a minimum period of 6 months with a talented in house legal team to support an exciting media networks business across South East Asia.
Duties and areas of responsibility
- Providing legal support and advice to the group’s media networks business teams.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts relating principally to:
- the licensing of channels and other content to broadcast platforms across South East Asia;
- the sale and exploitation of advertising inventory across a portfolio of channels and digital platforms; and
- the licensing and exploitation of the group's intellectual property for marketing, promotional and other commercial use.
- Providing general advice on legal matters arising from the group's media networks business across South East Asia.
- Developing and updating legal precedents as required.
- Liaising with external counsel and regional offices on a variety of legal matters.
- Excellent drafting.
- Strong in-house experience in the media industry, preferably with a major media network in South East Asia or alternatively at least in media rights licensing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with solid business acumen.
- Energetic and proactive.
- Engaging and responsive.
- Team player.
- Ability to work closely with senior management.
- At least 8 years’ post qualification experience.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Telecoms, Media & Technology, Intellectual Property
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: tmt, IP